Monday, January 2, 2017

New Challenge Series

Ever since taking part in the Focus Through the Prism challenge in 2015, I've really embraced the idea of quilting challenges.  They help get me motivated to create something of my own instead of always following patterns and the deadlines keep me from procrastinating too long.

For several years now, the organizer of the Focus Through the Prism challenge, Kim Lapachek of Persimon Dreams, has been hosting a yearly challenge series called Project Quilting.  Think Project Runway for quilters.  Last year I really wanted to join in the fun but just didn't have time.  This year I'm determined to take part.

A new challenge is posted every other week for 6 weeks and participants have one week to complete their project.  Pretty much anything goes, as long as the completed project meets  at least one of these requirements:
  • Include patchwork.
  • Include appliqué.
  • Have 3 layers stitched together by hand or machine.
Oh, and did I mention there are PRIZES?

The 8th season of Project Quilting got underway yesterday, January 1, with a theme of 8 is Great.

I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment