Thursday, January 21, 2021

Fussy Cut - Project Quilting challenge 12.2

This week’s Project Quilting theme was Fussy Cut, which means to cut your fabric in a way that features a particular motif or design of that fabric. 


I did a lot of baking this past holiday season and each time I’d emerge from the kitchen coated in flour, I’d tell myself I really need an apron. So when I came across this fabric while searching through my stash looking for something that lends itself to fussy cutting, I knew what had to be done. 


The waistband was made by fussy cutting each square of the various veggies and sewing them into an appropriately sized strip. Then the remaining veggies were ultra fussy cut to create the appliqué along the hem.
 



My sis-in-law unknowingly helped me name this when she made the comment:

Everything's Better with Garlic



I create in Casa Grande, 
Arizona

Check out all of the entries for this challenge at 
Project Quilting - Fussy Cut
click the link and then scroll down the page to find the entries



3 comments: