Saturday, January 27, 2018

Triangulation - Project Quilting challenge 9.2

For the latest Project Quilting challenge, our theme/inspiration was Triangulation. "Projects should be (as much as possible) primarily made from and characterized by triangle shapes."

So many ideas went through my head, I had a hard time choosing one to focus on.  It was my overflowing scrap bin that made the final decision.   I would do a variation on a traditional string quilt.  The "strings" were made with leftover strips and fabric bits from other projects along with several orphan blocks that I sliced up into strips.  The background fabric was leftover from fabric I used in my daughter's wedding quilt.  The border and binding were made from excess backing fabric trimmed off of other quilts after they were quilted.  And even the backing fabric was what was left from a bunch of yardage I purchased a while ago on sale.

So I'm calling this quilt

Leftovers


For Project Quilting Triangulation challenge - January 2018
Size: about 54" x 60" 
I create in Casa Grande, AZ

Check out all of the entries for this challenge at 
Project Quilting - Triangulation challenge 9.2
click the link and then scroll down the page to find the entries



5 comments:

  1. I like it a lot, im the big red heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can I ask what size squares you made?? My scraps are over running my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The squares were trimmed to 6 1/2" each - so 6" finished.

      Delete