Thursday, May 21, 2015

Starting a quilting challenge

I decided it's time to start stretching my quilting wings a little bit and try coming up with some of my own designs instead of following patterns all the time.  So I entered a seven month quilting challenge through Persimon Dreams/The Quilting Project and using gorgeous Cherrywood Fabrics. to give me some motivation and inspiration.

A new challenge will be issued each month for seven months.  Each month we will be asked to create a new quilt using a traditional block for inspiration and one of the seven colors of the rainbow.  A new block and a new color each month.  The inspiration block will be provided, we get to choose the color we want to use.  Each quilt should finish as a 20" square.

The first challenge was issued on May 1st.  The inspiration block was the "Monkey Wrench".  And since I really enjoy improvisational piecing, I immediately decided my version was going to be wonky....like a monkey did it.  Thus the concept for Monkey Business was born.


Here's a little peak at the almost finished project.

In the next post, I'll walk you though how I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment