Wednesday, January 4, 2023

The First One - Project Quilting challenge 14.1

 For the first challenge of season 14 of Project Quilting, we were asked to be inspired by the number one.  What came to my mind is how I’ve been counting down to the start of this new year.  2022 was a difficult year for my husband and I while we coped with the loss of both our mothers. But through our grief we also recognized this end to our journeys as caregivers would bring new opportunities into our lives.  And so I’ve been anticipating this new year ready to embrace our new freedom.  I want to “hit the ground running.”  


3 - 2 - 1 … GO! 



Size: approximately 6” x 9”
I create in Casa Grande, Arizona
Check out all the entries for this challenge at
Scroll down the page to find the entries.

6 comments:

  1. I hope that you have a lot of joy in 2023 and that you have a lot of wonderful memories of your mothers to sustain you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you well in this new season of your life. That is a very inspirational piece you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great way to approach thing. I wish you the best and am really glad you're joining in PQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you speed and strength in this new year and new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending quilty hugs for your loss and kudos on embracing this wonderful attitude in the face of your new stage of life.

    ReplyDelete