Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Pink Tint - Project Quilting challenge 14.2

My step-daughter is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer so this week's Project Quilting challenge theme of "Pink Tint" was quite timely.  Pink for breast cancer awareness is very much at the front of my mind.  I recently made a quilt and tote bag for Shannon to take to her chemo appointments.


I used some of my leftovers from those for my challenge project.

While looking through YouTube for a different tutorial entirely, I came across this one by Minki Kim and Misty Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company for a simple and cute two tone zipper pouch and decided that would be my project for this challenge.



Think Pink Pouch




Size: approximately 8" x 11"

I create in Casa Grande, Arizona

Check out all the entries for this challenge at
Scroll down the page to find the entries.

6 comments:

  1. Great colors. I really like the odd angle of the zipper. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I liked the diagonal zipper too. That’s what attracted me to this particular pattern. I purposely made it to be about the size of my iPad thinking I could use it for that. But turns out that diagonal zipper makes the opening an odd size and I can’t get the iPad in the pouch! LOL. Oh well, I’ll find another use for it.

      Delete
  2. I hope that your step-daughter is receiving good care and will make a full recovery. Great choice to repurpose fabric from the items you have made her and what a great pouch (such fun angles).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pouch is so unique. Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete