Friday, February 7, 2020

Put a Heart On It - Project Quilting challenge 11.3

For this third challenge of Project Quilting season 11, our theme is "Put a Heart On It".

I knew going in that time would not be on my side this week.  I had already decided whatever the theme, I'd make another mug rug.  So that is what I did, but it’s also so much more than that to me.

Reading the stories associated with the projects from our last challenge "Team Colors", I was inspired to continue in that vein for this challenge and create a piece that related to something close to my heart.

A heart for my mother, who I love.  Purple for Alzheimer's, and coincidentally my mother's favorite color.  And fragmented, just like my mom's memories.

Feeling Purple


Size:  approximately 9" x 7"
I create in Casa Grande,
Arizona

Check out all of the entries for this challenge at 
click the link and then scroll down the page to find the entries

4 comments:

  1. So beautifully expressed - the quilt and the words. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful piece with beautiful meaning behind it. Love this and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Layers of meaning make your Heart Mug Rug that much more special. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete